WhatsApp is one of the instant messaging platforms that are now used by almost everyone worldwide. The app has added several new features lately as it allows us to transfer money to our contacts.
Children or friends are now sharing smart phones with parents who may accidentally open messaging app that may contain private conversations or pictures. The only secret you can is the WhatsApp archive chat feature to hide a specific chat or group chat.
The archive feature allows you to hide any group or individual chat without deleting them.
The feature will allow you to hide a chat from main chat lists.
How To Archive Or Hide Chat On WhatsApp
1. Go to your WhatsApp and tap any individual or group chat that you want to archive and long press.
2. You will see a few options at the top including Delete, Pin, Mute, and Archive.
3. Click on the Archive button and it will appear on the top of your chat list.
4. To check all the hide chats, click on the archive button.
How To Unarchive Chat On WhatsApp
1. open the archive chat section on WhatsApp
2. Tap the chat which you want to unarchive and long press.
3. Finally click on the unarchive option placed into the same place as the archive button.
WhatsApp now won't notify you if you get any new messages from archive chats.
How to get notifications from an archived chat
1. Go to WhatsApp and then click on the three dot option at the top.
2. Click on the settings and then go to the chat section.
3. Click on the "Keep chats archived" to turn off it.
This means then that you will now get a notification. However, if you turn on this again, you won't get any notification from an archived chat.
Content created and supplied by: Kipkirui2020 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More