Let's face it: many of us are enamored with our cellphones and can't picture living without them.
However, we have various phone behaviors that affect the battery life of our devices, and since we all want long-lasting battery life in our smartphones, we must adjust some habits.
The following tactics can help you extend the life of your smartphone battery, which typically lasts 7- 8 hours.
1. Always charge to 80%: Depending on how much you use your phone, 80% should be enough to get you through the day. Overcharging your battery to more than 80% might cause it to overheat and limit its life.
2. Avoid constant charging: Don't keep plugging your phone in to charge it; at the very least, let the battery drain to around 20% before plugging it in. According to studies, unnecessary and frequent recharges shorten the battery's life.
3. Charge your smartphone with the original charger: We occasionally replace our phone's original charger with duplicates due to forgetfulness, carelessness, or a busy schedule, and this action has an impact on battery performance. Before utilizing a new charger, check the output voltage (V) and current (Ampere).
4. Stay away from fast chargers: While we all want our phones to charge as quickly as possible, fast chargers may not be the best option for your battery's overall health. Fast chargers cause your battery to overheat, causing it to degrade over time.
5. Don't leave your phone plugged in overnight: Leaving your phone plugged in overnight shortens the battery's life and causes it to overheat.
6. Third-party battery apps: While many third-party battery apps claim to extend the battery life of Android devices, the reality is that they simply put more strain on the device, forcing it to use more battery power.
7. Flip your phone over while charging: Phones get warm while charging, and wearing a protective case can slow down heat dissipation, so flip your phone over while charging.
8. Avoid gaming: If you're a gamer, you should limit your smartphone gaming because it consumes a lot of battery power. Additionally, gaming while charging can cause overheating.
Content created and supplied by: Simiyusimiyu (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More