Every season clubs go in the transfer market with an intention of signing players that will help in improving their performance. However some of these players may end up flopping. Here are the worst signings in football history.
1. Antoine Griezmann - He joined Barcelona from Atletico Madrid in 2019 at a fee of €120 Million. He failed to pick form at the club. He has scored 33 goals and gave 15 assists in 101 matches. The French attacking midfielder joined Atletico Madrid on loan in 2021.
2. Eden Hazard - Real Madrid signed him in 2019 from Chelsea at a fee of €100 Million. Since then he has played 48 La Liga matches in which he has scored 4 goals. He has been suffering from frequent injuries denying adequate playing time.
3. Philippe Coutinho - The Brazilian winger failed to find a breakthrough in his career when playing for Barcelona from 2018 to 2022.
4. Romelu Lukaku - The Belgian forward is the fourth worst signings in football history. He joined Chelsea from Inter Milan in the 2021 summer transfer window. Since then he has played 44 matches in which he has scored 15 goals.
5. Carlos Tevez - He is the fifth worst signing in football history. The Argentine forward joined Shanghai Shenhua in 2016. He scored 4 goals and gave 5 assists while playing for the club from 2016 to 2018.
Content created and supplied by: Kidfofo (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More