In the recent days world class stadiums have been coming up in Africa hosting big matches such as the World Cup in South Africa and also the AFCON, most of the African countries have passion in sports which has led to the construction of stadiums with huge capacities to accommodate huge number of fans.
Here are the top 5 biggest stadiums in Africa;
1. The FNB stadium which is located in South Africa is currently the biggest stadium in Africa with a capacity of 94 000 fans, the stadium hosted the 2010 World Cup finals.
2. The Borg El Arab stadium which is found in Egypt, it is the second biggest stadium in Africa with a sitting capacity of 86 000 fans.
3. Des Martyrs stadium in Congo is the biggest stadium in West and Central Africa with a total capacity of 80 000 fans.
4. The Cairo Int'L stadium in Egypt has a capacity of 74 000 fans, it is the second biggest stadium in Egypt.
5. Mohamed Stadium in Morocco close the list, it has a capacity of 67 000 fans.
Content created and supplied by: Kevin.n (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More