Ethiopians athletes the Dibaba Sisters are the only siblings in the recorded history to hold concurrent world record. Their striking beauty, coupled with their prowess on the track make them a sight to behold for many, young and old.
Tirunesh, Ejegayehu, Genzebe, Anna, and Melat grew up in poverty, something that could have pushed them to work hard and dedicate their lives in sports. They come from a bigger family of seven and everyone of them is a runner. At them moment they are swimming in wealth, owning five star hotel Tirunesh hotel and mega investment in real estates.
1. Tirunesh – The beautiful Olympics medalist holds several records. She has five world’s championship medals, three Olympic gold medals, and a world record holder for 5000m. She got married in 2008 to fellow Olympic medalist Sileshi Sihine.
2. Ejegayehu – The elders sister Ejegayehu holds silver and bronze medals in both 5000m and 10000m irrespectively.
3. Genzebe – The beautiful and the toughest broke her first outdoor world record in 1500m, and acquired the IAAFs Athlete of the year award. She broke another three indoor record and crowned the Laureus World Sportswoman of the Award.
4. Anna – Born in 1999, Anna is an athlete ego competes international for Ethiopia. She has participate in several field tracks both 1500m and 5000m irrespectively.
5. Melat – The youngest Dibaba has just started athletics.
Scroll for more.
Content created and supplied by: THEconcept (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More