There is no doubt that Manchester United is one of the greatest football clubs in the English Premier League. Its prowess dates back to the days of Sir Alex Ferguson who coached and lifted the club to world-class status. In this article, we focus on the billionaire family that owners the Manchester United football club.
In a brief history, Manchester United was formed in the year 1978 as Newton Health LYR football club. The initial players of the club were workers who worked on a nearby railway depot. The club has grown from scratch to the present-day Manchester United based at Old Trafford.
Throughout the transition stages, the ownership of Manchester United has also changed. See the following previous owners:
1984- 1989: Media Tycoon Robert Maxwell
1989 -1991: Michael Knighton
1991: Manchester United was a public entity
1998: It was under Rupert Murdoch's BSkyB corporation.
September 2003: Malcolm Glazer and Family.
Our major concentration in this article will be Malcolm Glazer and his family. They own a multi-billion business entity that includes full ownership over Manchester United. At inception, the Glazers only had 3% shares at Manchester United. In the same year, they increased the shares to 15% and later to 40% in the year 2004.
By the year 2005, his stake had moved from 57% to 75% and later to 98%. He later bought the remaining 2% and completed a 100% takeover at Manchester United.
Content created and supplied by: AlexMunene254 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More