The English Premier League's week-8 fixtures will see Leicester City play Manchester United, one of the league's top teams, at Kings Power Stadium, in one of the most interesting matches slated for Saturday.
When Leicester City hosts Manchester United at the King Power Stadium on Saturday afternoon, they will be eager to get back on track. So far, City has had a tough season, which has been exacerbated by defensive injuries.
Manchester United will now look to win their EPL encounter against Leicester City following the international break, after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team drew 1-1 with Everton on match day 7.
However, before Saturday's match. Here are some match observations:
1. Leicester City beat Manchester United 2-1 in their last league meeting in May; they haven't won consecutive league games against United since September 1973.
2. Under Louis van Gaal, Manchester United has only lost one of their 15 Premier League away games against Leicester City, losing 5-3 in September 2014. Last season, they did, however, lose 3-1 at King Power Stadium in the FA Cup.
3. For the first time since November 1901, Leicester City is attempting to win three consecutive matches against Manchester United in all competitions.
4. Leicester City has only kept one clean sheet in their last 13 Premier League games, and for the first time since December 2017, the Foxes could concede two or more goals in four different games.
5. Leicester City have gone winless in their last four Premier League games, the last time they went winless in the competition was in Claude Pael's final six games in February 2019.
What are your thoughts on the above match insights?
Let us know what you think in the comments' area below.
Don't forget to like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more football news and updates.
Content created and supplied by: LkPenny (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More