Migori Youth has maintained their winning run after beating hosts Mwatate United 2-0 in their Betika National Super League rescheduled fixture played on Wednesday, May 19, 2021, at the Wundanyi Stadium
The first few minutes of the first half ran at a goalless stalemate as both teams tried to pull one past each other and take up the lead. Dickson Raila came through for Migori Youth with his shot on target in the 36th minute.
Mwatate United tried to equalize the scores but had to wait a little bit longer as the first half whistle closed the scores at 1-0.
Two minutes after the breather, saw Migori Youth get their second goal through Michael Bosco’s goal extending their lead.
Despite several attempts by the host team to try and equalize the scores, the full-time whistle sealed the scores at 2-0.
Finesse Wilson Kamau scored the brace for Muranga Seal in the 57th and 85th minutes.
Up next will be the round 18 fixtures where FC Talanta and Kenya Police will continue their fight for the top-of-the-league table status.
- Mwatate United 0-2 Migori Youth (Wundanyi Stadium, 3 pm)
- Fortune Sacco 0-1 Vihiga Bullets (Kianyaga Stadium, 3 pm)
- Coast Stima 0-2 Muranga Seal (Mbaraki Grounds, 1 pm)
Round 18 Fixtures
- Soy United vs Sony Sugar (Bukhungu Stadium, 3 pm)
- Silibwet vs Modern Coast Rangers (Bomet Stadium, 3 pm)
- Mt. Kenya United vs Vihiga Bullets (Camp Toyoyo, 3 pm)
- Kibera Black Stars vs Kisumu Allstars (Ligi Ndogo Grounds, 3 pm)
- APS Bomet vs Fortune Sacco (Bomet Stadium, 3 pm)
- Mwatate United vs Kisumu Hot Stars (Wundanyi Stadium, 3 pm)
- Muranga Seal vs FC Talanta (St. Sebastian Park, 3 pm)
- Coast Stima vs Migori Youth (Mbaraki Grounds, 1 pm)
- Shabana vs MCF (Gusii Stadium, 3 pm)
- Nairobi Stima vs Kenya Police (Camp Toyoyo, 3 pm)
Content created and supplied by: KDF.POLICE.SERVICE.UPDATES (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More