Soccer is the world’s most popular game which combines strength, speed, and skills. Even if you are a hardcore fan of Football, there may still be many things that you don’t know about this amazing sport. Check out these interesting facts about Football.
1.Football was invented in China nearly 476 B.C.
2.Football is the most watched and most played sport on earth.
3.Only Canadians and Americans call football soccer
4. During every game, Football players run an average of 9.65 km.
5. The first game of Basketball was played with a soccer ball.
6. 80% of the world’s footballs are manufactured in Pakistan.
7.Pele was the first to call football “the beautiful game"
8. The total length of the football field is 100 yards.
9.One of the fastest goal was in 2.8 seconds made by Ricardo Olivera in December 1998.
10.The 16 is the maximum number of goals scored by one player in a single Football match.
11. A referee’s call during a football match in Peru caused a riot that killed over 300 people and injured over 500 people in 1964.
12. The World’s First Football Club was the English Sheffield Football Club founded in 1857.
13. Lightning killed an entire football team during a game in 1998.
14.In 1937, the first live coverage of a football match was shown on television.
15.Greenland cannot join the FIFA because not enough grass grows for a football field.
16.Football balls are made from layers of synthetic leather while the bladders inside the ball are made from latex or butyl.
17. Different shots in soccer are: knuckle shot, the full volley, the half volley, the swerve shot, the side volley and the flying volley.
Content created and supplied by: Wesleycchelz (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More