World Cup Qatar 2022™ Theme | FIFA World Cup 2022 Soundtrack - YouTube"/>
The teams will play each other once during the knockout stage with the victor moving on to the next round. There are four rounds in total: the Round of 16, quarterfinals, semifinals and final; which will occur on December 18.
The losers of the semi-finals also compete in a third-place playoff. Extra time is played in two periods of 15 minutes each if the scores are tied at the end of the regular playing time. A penalty shootout is then used to decide the victors if the score is still deadlocked.
Here is a list of the teams making it to the World Cup's final 16 in Qatar now that the knockout stage has started. These are the teams have earned a spot in the knockout round:-
* Despite drawing 1-1 with Ecuador, the Netherlands won Group A and advanced to the round of 16 with victories against Senegal, the defending African champion, and the host nation Qatar.
* The defending champions of Africa lost their opening match of the World Cup to the Netherlands, but they quickly turned things around with victories against Ecuador and Qatar (3-1 and 2-1, respectively).
* With seven points after victories over Wales and Iran and a scoreless draw with the United States, England secured a spot in the knockout round as the group's best team.
* Following draws with Wales and England, the United States beat Iran 1-0 to finish second in Group B. The match was marred by political unrest.
* Argentina recovered from an unexpected setback to Saudi Arabia in the first game to take the lead in Group C with victories against Mexico and Poland. Australia will be their next opponent on Saturday.
* Poland qualified for the round of 16 as group runners-up after defeating Saudi Arabia, drawing with Mexico, and losing to Argentina. On Sunday they encounter France.
* The defending champions France lived up to expectations and were the first team to advance to the round of 16 with victories over Australia and Denmark in quick succession before falling to Tunisia 1-0.
* Australia earned a berth in the round of 16 by finishing second in Group D with 6 points after victories against Tunisia and Denmark. The next match is against Argentina on Saturday.
* The Samurai Blue pulled off two incredible comeback victories over Germany and Spain, losing only to Costa Rica, to emerge as the surprising Group E victors and go to the round of 16. On Monday, they will play Croatia.
* Spain easily defeated Costa Rica before drawing with Germany and losing to Japan to secure its place in the round of 16. On Tuesday, they will get together in Morocco.
* After a scoreless tie with Croatia, Morocco finished first in Group F with victories over Canada and Belgium. On Tuesday, they will play Spain.
* Croatia advanced to the round of 16 after defeating Canada 4-1, drawing 0-0 twice with Morocco, and 0-0 twice with Belgium. On Monday, they have a match against Japan.
* Brazil secured their place in the knockout round with victories against Switzerland and Serbia, followed by a defeat to Cameroon by a score of 1-0. On Monday, they will play South Korea.
* With victories over Serbia (3-2) and Cameroon (1-0), Switzerland finished second in Group G and will face Portugal on Tuesday.
*Portugal lost to South Korea to end Group H, but they still finished first and will play Switzerland on Tuesday.
* South Korea, which had previously lost to Ghana and drew 0-0 with Uruguay, advanced to the knockout stage with a last-second victory over already-qualified Portugal.
What is the schedule for the knockout stage?
DATE FIXTURE TIME VENUE
Dec. 3 Netherlands v United States 1500 Khalifa International Stadium
Dec. 3 Argentina v Australia 1900 Ahmad bin Ali Stadium
Dec. 4 France v Poland 1500 Al Thumama Stadium
Dec. 4 England v Senegal 1900 Al Bayt Stadium
Dec. 5 Japan v Croatia 1500 Al Janoub Stadium
Dec. 5 Brazil v South Korea 1900 Stadium 974
Dec. 6 Morocco v Spain 1500 Education City Stadium
Dec. 6 Portugal v Switzerland 1900 Lusail Iconic Stadium
Dec. 9 Quarter-final 1 1900 Lusail Iconic Stadium
Dec. 9 Quarter-final 2 1500 Education City Stadium
Dec. 10 Quarter-final 3 1900 Al Bayt Stadium
Dec. 10 Quarter-final 4 1500 Al Thumama Stadium
Dec. 13 Semi-final 1 1900 Lusail Iconic Stadium
Dec. 14 Semi-final 2 1900 Al Bayt Stadium
Dec. 17 Third place playoff 1500 Khalifa International Stadium
Dec. 18 Final 1500 Lusail Iconic Stadium
Content created and supplied by: MsLK (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More