The footballer is currently the world's most popular sport with an estimated 3.5 billion fans from around the world. Fans contribute, in a way, to the worthiness of a club as they turn up at the game, thus enabling the club to raise funds that can purchase more players, who subsequently may add profits to the clubs.
1. Real Madrid
Real Madrid has been named as the most valuable brand in the world with an estimated value of $1.49 Billion.
2. Barcelona takes the second position with $1.48 Billion.
3. Manchester united comes third with $1.32 Billion.
4. Manchester city ranks 4th with $1.31 Billion.
5. Bayern Munich has a value of $1.25 Billion.
6. Liverpool ranks 6th with a value of $1.14 Billion.
7. Paris Saint Germain is valued at $1.04 billion.
8. Chelsea finds their way in the list with $0.90 billion value.
9. Tottenham takes the 9th position with $0.84 billion.
10. And last on the list are Arsenal who is valued at $0.79 billion.
Leicester, who sits 3rd on the English Premier League Table has not managed to find their way into the top 10 list but may soon see themselves being included, as they remarkably attracting fans with their performances.
Below is the full table showing the rankings.
Content created and supplied by: GTimes (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More