The Belgian club KRC Genk has produced its fair share of world class players who are performing well in other top European clubs. Here are the player you did not know played for Genk.
1. Kevin De Bruyne - The Belgian attacking midfielder joined Genk academy in 2005. In 2008 he was promoted to the first team squad until 2012 when he joined Chelsea. He scored 17 goals and gave 36 assists while playing for Genk.
2. Thibaut Courtois - He joined Genk academy in 1999 when he was 7 years old. In 2009 he began his senior career at 16 years old. The Belgian goalkeeper kept 14 clean sheets in the 45 matches he played for Genk from 2009 to 2011.
3. Timothy Castagne - He played for Genk academy from 2011 to 2014 before he was promoted to the first team until 2017.
4. Milinkovic- Savic - The Serbian midfielder played for Genk in the 2014/2015 season in which he scored 5 goals and gave 1 assist.
5. Kalidou Koulibaly - The centre back played for Genk from 2012 to 2014.
6. Christian Benteke - The Belgian striker played for Genk from 2007 to 2009 and 2011 to 2012.
Content created and supplied by: Odhiamboalphoncearnold (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More