If have ever wondered how football clubs earn millions and are able to pay their players such extravagant fees while still making a profit? Well you are in the right place, here is a list of the numerous ways in which football clubs earn money.
1. The most obvious way that football clubs make money is through match day sales. This including selling out the tickets of the game and we know the more interesting the game, the more expensive the tickets. You will also have to pay for the toilets and snacks at the stadium and merchandise such as burners to support your team, all these bring in revenue for the team.
2. Another money maker for the clubs is selling the right to air the game to specific tv networks and sites. Media outlets don't just air matches for free, they pay sums upto millions for some games and clubs earn big from this payments.
3. Jersey sales, you will be surprised at how much money clubs earn from the sale of football jerseys. For big players like Christiano Ronaldo, the sale of his Jerseys make enough money to pay his salary. And even the less popular players have fans willing to pay for their jerseys.
4. Prize money, winning a tournament doesn't just come with a trophy and bragging rights. It also brings in large sums of money.
5. Player transfer, we all probably knew about this, but here it is again, clubs make substantial amount of money from selling their best players.he
6. Endorsement, In a world where brands are constantly competing to get Infront of as money people as possible, what better way to make money than advertising brands. This is what football clubs do. They get donations and endorsement from companies like coca-cola and in exchange endorse the brands.
7. Renting out stadiums, when a club invests millions on a football stadium, it's because that money will definitely come back when they rent it out for other events.
Let us know in the comments the revenue earners that we have failed to mention.
Content created and supplied by: SheilaMuyela (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More