In exactly 2 weeks, the 2021/22 English Premier League kicks off. And it's going to be Brentford at home against the Mighty Arsenal. Brentford were pretty good in their friendly game against Man United the last time out, so it's no push over. We want to start with a win.
What's infuriating is, deals for any of these 3 could have been completed much earlier, but we always leave our business late.
1. Arsenal remain in the market for a creative midfielder, with a permanent move for Odegaard and Leicester's James Maddison both prime targets. 2. Arsenal are open to a transfer for Alexandre Lacazette, with the forward now in the final 12 months of his contract and Atletico Madrid interested.
3. If Bruno Guimarães is £35m plus James Maddison £65m then both will cost £100m. Arsenal won't have a problem signing them both, but offloading some of our players have been the obstacles. We're struggling to move players on. Niles, Kolasinac, Willian, Nketiah, Willock, Torreira.
4. Jamie Carragher on Arsene Wenger: “Liverpool signed Emile Heskey for £11 million, Wenger signed Henry for £11m. We signed Nick Barmby for £6m, Arsenal signed Robert Pires for £6m. Wenger was a genius in the transfer market."
5. Real Madrid name price for Martin Odegaard as Arsenal step up transfer pursuit.
6. Rumours has it that Manuel Locatelli to Juventus is inevitable at this point.6. Arsenal captain Granit Xhaka has dropped several hints that he wants to join José Mourinho at Roma, but the Giallorossi have not reached an agreement with Arsenal yet.
7. Tammy Abraham is highly unlikely to go to Arsenal. I'm sure that Thomas Tuchel will give him a second redemption chance.
Content created and supplied by: @Ekisa (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More