Sign in
Download Opera News App

Auto

 

Motorcycles

 

Emotions High After Young Bodaboda Rider is Electrocuted While Washing His Bike

A young bodaboda rider has passed away after allegedly being electrocuted as he was washing his motorcycle. Kenya Power Cable which was passing through the stream of water caused the death of the young man after the bodaboda rider came into contact with the electrocuted water.

A tweeter user by the name, Kriss Hondo shared the sad news through his official tweeter handle;

@KrissHondoo This young man (boda rider) here went to wash his bike as usual along Kanduyi-Malaba road not knowing the kplc cable on the ground was live. He was electrocuted. @RobertAlai @CisNyakundi @NPSOfficial_KE @GovWWangamati @KPLC https://t.co/UByCctLU8p

Emotions have been high with several netizens blaming Kenya Power and Lightning Company for negligence. The lifeless body of the Bodaboda rider can be seen lying in the water next to his motorcycle.

Some of the reactions from netizens to the sad news are as follows;

@Abdidbinsaid Yes, this is negligence on their side.The guy wasn't vandalising the line. Unfortunately the wheels of justice in this country never move for the poor.

@jim_munene His family or some human rights defenders should sue @KenyaPower_Care and take the proceeds to his loved ones .....

@KibetJohaness So sad😥😥😥. May his soul RIP! Am sure even where he lives, hakuna stima! KPLC should carry the blame and responsibility

@cyprianongeri1 This is really sad... @KenyaPower_Care should pay for this.

@albertoduol Hustlers wangoe poles zote wachome

..boda logic.

@johnmkush The family of the deceased should follow up for compensation.

@safari_musyoka What does it mean thier protection systems are mulfunctional 🙆🤔😨😭😭

Content created and supplied by: Dekuts (via Opera News )

Bodaboda KPLC Kenya Power Cable Kriss Hondo KrissHondoo

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments