Mrs and Mr Abdi
A family in Khavimbi village Kholera ward in Matungu district is staying in fear of Covid-19 disease. This is due to a fire outbreak that devastated all their property yesterday evening and thereby claiming to live in high chances of Coronavirus infection.
Speaking to the Opera freelancer journalist the family members led by Abdi Osundwa and Jamila Abdi victims of the fire tragedy explained that the fire was unnoticeable when it began and now they’re calling upon the County and National government to intervene and see how they can have their shelter back.
“ I had just left to check my closest associate in the area and coming back I was welcomed by yelling sounds of neighbors who had already turned up to put it off but unfortunately, all was in vain”, Jamila Abdi explained to Opera.
For instance, she adds the fire was lit by a young child who forgot about its whereness and within a short while it had already spread all over the house being influenced by cooking gas that was leaking and thereby causing loss of school certificates, clothing, utensils among many more useful substances that she says that she has no way of getting them back.
On his side, Abdi Osundwa father of the home now says that they have nothing to start with their life again and it has forced them to vacate some of her older children to the neighborhood today morning so as to avoid shame.
Confirming the incident chief of Kholera location Simon Wamukoya has advised parents to be steadfast with their children while at home sentiments that were seconded by Khavimbi village elder Halima Makokha who on her side is calling upon donors to come up and comfort Abdi Osundwa’s homestead.
"This is the time when we require the help of Hon. Godliver and Hon. Peter Nabulindo Kholera ward representative and Matungu member of parliament systematically", Khavimbi Village elder told Opera news hub.
Content created and supplied by: BreakingNews. (via Opera News )