Sign in
Download Opera News App

 

 

Police Reveal Cause Of School Fire That Saw 50 Students Hospitalised

A report from Jogoo Police Station has confirmed that there were injuries from the incident that happened on Monday night at Ofafa Jericho Secondary school in Nairobi. According to the report, the students in question inhaled carbon monoxide while trying to salvage their property after one of the dormitories in the school caught fire. They went ahead to reveal that the students were being forced to go back to class during preps by the school principal and teacher on duty. Something that prompted them to torch on the dormitories. The situation saw fifty students get hospitalized at Metropolitan.

So, why should students torch a hostel just because they don't want to go back to class? Is there something more than what is caught by the eye? What are our children turning into though? Are there any measures that can be put in place to curb such occurrences? School fires are no longer breaking news in the country.





Content created and supplied by: Lilianaoko03 (via Opera News )

Jogoo Police Station

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments