Before being killed, a prisoner is treated in this manner.
A convict is allowed to receive visits from family members, friends, attorneys, and spiritual leaders in the final 24 hours before being put to death. The prisoner is given an opportunity to confront them and express regret for any wrongdoings that may have been committed.
These meetings last until the very last day and take place in the deathwatch chamber or a separate visitor area. Before the prisoner is carried to the execution chamber, the family and friends have one more opportunity to see him or her.
In the final moments before the execution, a number of things take place.
Executioners use a number of techniques, including as fatal injection, hanging, and the electric chair, to put someone to death.
The following actions need to be performed before someone is put to death:
1. A search of the prisoner is conducted to see if any lethal weapons that could be used for suicide or murder are present. Then, the person is taken to a death house where they can relax and speak with their creator one more time.
2. There is a bathroom and all other necessary equipment in the execution chamber, and the prisoner is constantly watched over to prevent suicide or other self-inflicted harm.
3. The prisoner gets up at 4.30 am on the day of the execution to take care of any unfinished business.
4. They are free to spend time with their families or even call loved ones just before leaving to say goodbye.
5. On a fateful day, they are given their last meal and allowed to prepare it themselves.
6. If the sentence calls for electrocution, the prisoner is reduced in size to make the process simpler. They take a bath and put on their new outfits in order to get ready for the execution.
Content created and supplied by: yator.enock.kipkorir (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More