Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Politics

 

Politics

 

Africa politics

"We Are Locked Up in a Room Without Food" Last Words of a Kenyan Lady Who Went To Saudi Arabia

A family in Moi's Bridge is pleading with the government to help them trace their daughter who went to Saudi Arabia.

Cheruto Mutai who is said to have gotten work through an employment agency left the country on October 6, 2021.

After two days, she informed the family through her sister on Facebook, Sara Ruto, that she had got to Saudi Arabia safely.

Afterwards, Cheruto later sent worrying messages through WhatsApp regretting that they were being abused by their employer together with the ladies she had gone with.

"Hi bro, here in the workplace we were locked up with no water or food and nobody appears to be caring towards us. As it looks, our life is in danger," she said.

In the recording, she further said that after they were put in the locked room, their telephones were seized.

Ruto said that her sister had gotten some work as a housekeeper, however her telephone has been off for nine days at the time she was trying to reach her, "She said she had been alloted another work which she was not willing to take up before going off."

Content created and supplied by: Waiver (via Opera News )

Cheruto Cheruto Mutai Kenyan Sara Ruto Saudi Arabia

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments