The Huduma Number just like any other "social card" is an electronic citizen identification document with integrated payment features. The primary objective of the card is to promote cashless public service transactions, to leverage the involvement of people in the banking/government sector and to reduce the fraudulent activities associated with cash handling.
Huduma number systems provide kenyans with different resources and opportunities, including outgoing and incoming transition operations. In cases such as student scholarship, welfare grants, disaster relief benefits, insurance payments, family or food subsidies, or government agencies may disburse their social payments services via the card.
Beneﬁts for Citizens
• Reduce wait times at queue lines
• Reduce wait time to be served at banks and centers
• Reduce the potential risk of carrying and operating with cash
• Reduce the risk of fraudulent activities thanks to biometric authentication
• Get a new convenient way to receive financial support from the Government
Beneﬁts for Banks
• Receive loyal customers
• Increase legal transparency of transactions and transfers
• Increase cashless payments
• Improve customer service level
• Obtain new sources of income
Beneﬁts for Government Authorities
• Reduce incidences of corruption and ﬁnancial fraud
• Reduce pilferage of government funds
• Minimize risks with fraudulent operations with cash
• Take an opportunity to share revenues with banks
• Effectively regulate and track payments distribution channels
• Synchronize social programme data with National Citizen Registry
• Collect and analyze data about citizens in terms of national security
The government has started mass distribution of Huduma Namba cards country wide. Last month, the Ministry of Interior had announced that those who registered will start receiving notifications to collect their cards.
Content created and supplied by: chiefmwenyewe (via Opera News )