Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Society

 

Natural disaster

 

Flood

Tragic Accident As Man Drowns Inside Incomplete Multi Billion Dam In Kiambu

Tragic accident as man drowns inside incomplete Multi Billion dam in Kiambu County, throwing a family to impromptu mourning.

Courtesy

Via video shared by Standard digital, on Wednesday, a man drown inside incomplete 24 Bullion Kariminu Dam with family now asking government to intervene and find a permanent solution to curb such incidents.

Speaking to source after the incident, family member said the late was on her way to visit her sister in near by village before he fell in the dam, thus calling out government to fence the area to curb such incident from occurrence.

Courtesy

"Jana nilipata simu, nikaambiwa ndugu yangu amepatikana akiwa dam. Nilipata ametolewa na tayari amekufa. Kwa hiyo tunataka serikali ichukue hatua ya kufence hiyo area." Family member said.

Courtesy

The project is being funded by the National government and the China Exim Bank, implemented through a joint venture between International Holding Corporation and Shanghai Municipal Engineering Design Institute.

Courtesy

Upon completion, the dam will be 59 metres high, with a 26.5 billion-litre volume and produce 70 million litres of water a day with residents of Kiambu being the major beneficiaries as 80 per cent of the water will go to Thika, Juja and Ruiru, with the remaining 20 per cent being pumped to Nairobi.

Content created and supplied by: FredrickNgala (via Opera News )

Inside Incomplete Jana Standard

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments