Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Society


Crime Justice



KPLC Give Statement on the Death of a BodaBoda Rider

Kenya Power has issued a statement following the death of a boda boda rider in Kanduyi while washing his motorcycle.

The power company confirmed the incident in a statement released on Wednesday, May 19, calling it an unfortunate event.

The rider, Felix Kiplangat, was washing his motorcycle in a water oasis when it collided with a bare power cable, killing him instantly.

The disease's body was identified by company personnel.

"Kenya Power received a report today of an unfortunate electrocution incident involving a man identified as Felix Kiplangat Bor at Makutano junction in Kanduyi."

"Our team from the Bungoma office immediately went to the site and alerted the police of the incident," according to the statement.

Police have since launched an investigation into this incident, and the company has pledged to work closely with them to ensure that this matter is resolved properly.

The deceased's body was transferred to the Bungoma District Hospital Mortuary.

This comes just one day after Kenya Power Safety Health and Environment Manager John Guda confirmed that 345 people had died as a result of electrocution.

The statistics are spread out over three years, with six of them dying in the last year.

“Safe public practices are responsible for 74% of electrocution cases.” We insist that people use electricity in a safe manner.

"The remaining 26% can be attributed to Kenya Power operations, contractors, and non-compliance standards," said the KPLC manager.

Content created and supplied by: Fulisa.News (via Opera News )

BodaBoda Bungoma Felix Kiplangat KPLC Kenya Power


Load app to read more comments