A picture showing ripe mangoes which are in plenty in Ukambani region during this mango season (source.facebook)
The boy died while on the way to the hospital for medical attention.
According to reports the young boy started complaining of stomach pains before suffering vomiting and diarrhea after eating the mangoes.
His parents are receiving treatment at Matiliku hospital with the same symptoms but are in stable condition.
The family was feasting on mangoes together in the evening before the tragedy struck.
It is not clear what happened but it is feared that this could be a case of severe food poisoning.
The body of the boy was picked and moved to the mortuary for preservation awaiting burial arrangements.
Residents have been warned to be cautious while feasting on mangoes and practice hygiene during this Mango season.
Content created and supplied by: Cpatterson (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More