The two, a 32-year-old woman and her seven-year-old son were electrocuted on Thursday morning.
Police said the boy was playing when he touched a metal grill forming part of the area. The grill was apparently connected to live wires out of illegal connections.
It was then that he was electrocuted and screamed for help. His mother rushed to his help and touched him. Unfortunately, the two died on the spot.
The bodies of the two were discovered long after the electrocution had happened. They were discovered by the deceased’s husband who was away when the incident took place.
Residents alerted the police who visited the scene and moved the bodies to the local morgue for preservation awaiting autopsy.
Cases of illegal power connections are common in informal settlements. This has led to many such electrocutions and fire incidents.
Content created and supplied by: CarlPeters (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More