Nairobi, The land of endless opportunities requires a little Advice from the Nairobians in order to survive.
1. The day you need a wife, the market is filled with mad people. Meaning: things become scarce, the day you need them.
2. No matter how good you are to a goat, it will still eat your yam. Meaning: some people will always be ungrateful, no matter how helpful you are to them.
3. No matter how far you urinate, the last drop always falls at your feet. Meaning: there will always be consequences for your action.
4. A roaring lion kills no game. Meaning: bragging or talking about your dreams alone can't make you achieve your dream.
5. Only a fool tests the depth of a river with both feet. Meaning: don't jump into a situation without first thinking about it.
6. You don't teach the path of the forest to an old gorilla. Meaning: our elders have more experience in this life, so we should learn to respect them and listen to their advice.
7. A restless foot may walk into a snake pit. Meaning: a busy body or an idle person will always get into trouble.
8. He who swallows a complete coconut has absolute trust in his manners. Meaning: before taking a crucial decision, you must make sure you have all it takes to bear the consequences.
9. A man who sees a hen scattering excreta should stop it. Who knows who will eat the legs? Meaning: when you see something going bad around you, try and rectify it; you'll never know who gets harmed by it.
10. If a man swears that he wants to harm you when you're asleep, you can go to bed. If a woman says the same, stay awake. Meaning: women are not known to make empty threats.
11. Don't call the forest that shelters you a jungle. Meaning: don't insult the person or something you benefit from.
12. No matter how the buttocks hurry, she will always remain behind. Meaning: don't try to outrun your destiny.
13. An army of sheep led by a lion can defeat an army of lions led by a sheep. Meaning: a good leader can lead even a group of incompetent persons to success.
14. He who is brave enough can tell the lion his breath smells. Meaning: the truly brave persons are those who can face difficulties with necessary tasks.
Content created and supplied by: Charlesnjonje (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More