Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Society

 

Safety accident

 

Explosion

Embu County: Fire Traps Residents at an Apartment

Morris Nyaga,On Tuesday morning, October 5, afire broke out in one of the appartments in Matakari, Dallas estate, Embu County, trapping several residents in the building. The county fire brigade, police officers and health practitioners and the area residents rushed to rescue the residents from the heavy smoke that pillowed the building. The residents reported that the fire might have been caused by an explosion from the a gas leakage from one of the houses, ehich later spread rapidly to the other houses.

Police officers at the scene had not yet confirmed the cause of the fire break out. They calmed down the agitated residents as rescue operations commenced. The fire brigade immediately embarked putting off the fire that was quickly spreading. 

The area residents tried their best to save some of the people from the raging fire , before the Fire bregad and the police arrived at the scene. Residents descended through the stairs while others jumped via balconies. Morris Nyaga, Kimari Ward MCA, who was at the scene, warned those trapped from jumping from the building as they were at risk of getting serious injuries. 

Content created and supplied by: Bobs (via Opera News )

Dallas Embu County Matakari Morris Nyaga

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments