Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Society

 

Safety accident

 

Explosion

Gas Explosion Leaves 8 Kigumo Family Members Fighting for Dear Lives



Photo/ courtesy.

8 family members from Gacoco village, Kigumo are currently nursing serious wounds on their bodies after a gas cylinder exploded in their house last night.

The 8 are currently receiving treatment at the Maragua and Murang'a Level 5 Hospital where they were rushed.

The patients had burns on their hands, faces and other parts of the body.

Photo/ courtesy.

Some of the household properties were also damaged as a result of the explosion.

Luckily, no death has been reported although the family is appealing for help from well-wishers to settle hospital bill.

Gas released by the cylinder can burn easily even in small amounts of fire. If the cylinder bursts, it can cause huge damage to the property and lives of the people surrounding it.

Even an electrical spark can ignite a fire and cause the cylinder to burst.

Always turn off the knob on the gas cylinder, after use, to prevent any accidental leakage. Close all the stove knobs after use and also if you smell a leak. Install gas detectors in your kitchen and in the room where you keep your gas cylinder in order to avoid any accidents due to gas leak from a gas cylinder.

Content created and supplied by: TawaiNews (via Opera News )

Gacoco Kigumo Maragua Murang'a

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments