Former Nairobi governor Mike Sonko's assertions that he became upset while assisting Baby Junior Sagini in obtaining eye transplants in China were contradicted by the attorney for Baby Junior Sagini, whose eyes were gouged out in Kisii.
The attorney, George Morara, emphasized that the three-year-old has since been placed under state protection and that anyone intending to assist the child must adhere to the rules safeguarding state witnesses.
Speaking to Nation, Morara said that because Baby Sagini's safety comes first, proper procedures must be followed by anyone desiring to visit the child.
Because of the major security breach the child experienced, the government currently has custody of him, the attorney told the media.
Mike Sonko, a former governor of Nairobi, claimed on Tuesday, December 27, that his efforts to help Baby Sagini had been unsuccessful. Morara was responding to Sonko's claims.
Furthermore, Sonko alleged that local authorities had thwarted and hampered his efforts to arrange for Sagini to receive specialist care in a state-of-the-art hospital in Shezen, China.
Morara said that despite what he had claimed, Sonko had not attempted to fly Baby Sagini to China for specialized eye care.
There are rules and procedures that must be adhered to before Baby Sagini is delivered to anyone who wishes to help him, said Morara.
Morara added that unidentified attackers recently attacked police personnel guarding the facility where the child is being held in an attempt to forcibly enter and take infant Sagini.
"Sonko must be aware that certain rules and guidelines must be followed before Baby Sagini is given to anyone seeking to assist him.
Many have discussed rites, while others have discussed conventional cults. However, Baby Sagini should in reality be legally protected as a child, the statement continued.
Content created and supplied by: Allutah (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More