Sign in
Download Opera News App

 

 

Kenyan Woman Dies In Her Sleep After Inhaling Smoke From Burning Charcoal Jiko In Her Room In Qatar

A family in Kwale County has been thrown into mourning following the sudden death of their 32-year-old daughter in Qatar.

Binti Mohammed Mwanyota's home Kinango was a beehive of activities on January 4 as her friends, relatives and neighbours struggled to come to terms with the death.

Binti left Kenya for Qatar in 2022 in search of greener pastures as a house manager.

On January 4, the family received the devastating news of her demise from her boss.

Her employer told the family that Binti died in her sleep after she allegedly inhaled fumes from a burning charcoal jiko in her room. Carbon monoxide displaced oxygen, causing suffocation in her small room.

On that night, the family of her boss had lit a charcoal jiko to keep them warm in the sitting room during this time of winter in Qatar when it is cold. When they decided to go sleep at around midnight, Binti decided to take the jiko into her room which she shared with another woman and locked it from the inside.

The following morning, when they failed to wake up to do the morning chores, the boss decided to go and knock at their door. Unfortunately, there was no response, and this prompted the employer to break the door.

Upon gaining entry, the boss found the two women unconscious and in a very critical condition. They were rushed to the hospital, but they died while receiving treatment.

Binti's family said that they are satisfied with what her boss told them, and they are not blaming anyone for her death.

Source

Content created and supplied by: CarlPeters (via Opera News )

Binti Kenya Kenyan Kwale County Qatar

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments