Sign in
Download Opera News App



Man Killed In Kiambu His Skin Pealed Off As Concern Is Raised Over Increased Death The County

Kiambu county has been on the spot recently over the increased number of deaths in the county. Within two months the county has recorded more than three controversial death. This has forced both political and religious leaders to call for prayers that will see the county delivered from the demon of death. Even before the dust had settled over the recently reported death, police from Thika, Kiambu County, today are investigating an incident that involves a man who was found murdered and his skin removed. Speaking with a local media Thika East police boss Kutima Namutali noted that the body of a man identified as Simon Githae, 36, was discovered by residents who later informed the police.

However, the incident is currently being treated as a case of murder as investigations are still taking place. ‘’What we understand so far is that the deceased is a 36-year-old man named Simon Githae whose body was discovered this morning in Gatuanyaga in Thika by the locals who alerted the police,’’ said Mr. Natumali. ‘’Mr. Githae until his death worked as a farmhand at a nearby flower farm and we are liaising with detectives from Thika to find out how the victim met his death,’’ he added.

Mobile phone

The police boss continued by stating that detectives were probing the victim’s mobile phone to establish the last person Mr. Githae may have spoken to before his death.

His body was later taken to General Kago Funeral Home in Thika and had been positively identified by family members. According to the morgue attendant at the facility, the skin of the deceased had been removed from the body except for the head and the lower parts of the legs. ‘The body is in bad shape and it seems the deceased was brutally tortured, murdered, and then skinned. He must have died a painful death,’’ the morgue attendant added.

Still fresh

Another source at General Kago Funeral Home in an interview with local media revealed that the body was still fresh when it was booked by police officers from Thika East. It implies that the victim might have been killed on Sunday night. Police said that people who positively identified Mr. Githae at the scene claimed that he had reported working on Saturday and later retired to his house which is not very far from where he worked.

In a separate incident, police are investigating the death of a man who was found dead outside his car in Thika under unclear circumstances. The body of the man identified as John Gacheru, 46, was moved to General Kago Funeral Home. The report had indicated that the family of the deceased wants to have a post-mortem examination done on the body tomorrow to ascertain how he met his untimely death. One suspect has since been arrested in connection with Mr. Gacheru’s death

In yet another incident early this month, a couple was found dead in their house in Kiambu town in what was believed to be murder and suicide. The two couples identified as Jonathan Mukundi and Philomena Njeri were said to have been having issues in their marriage and they had even separated sometimes back.

They reunited on the day they both died. The body of Jonathan Mukundi a 42-year-old businessman in spare parts was found lying alongside that of his wife Philomena Njeri, 30 hours after the incident had happened. The motive leading to the controversial death was not established as postmortem done on their body revealed that Philomena Njeri died after being shot three times, while Mukundi died due to a single shot in the head.

 The motive of the incident is still a mystery to many as friends who had seen Gachunga hours earlier said he looked jovial. Gachunga was a licensed gun holder and operated his spare parts shop in Industrial Area, Nairobi. His wife worked at the shop.

He is said to have shot his wife three times on Tuesday evening before turning the gun to himself. The lifeless bodies of the two were found inside their bedroom which had been locked from inside. They were later moved to the mortuary. Police said they recovered his mini Glock gun from the scene. Kiambu police boss Ali Nuno said they are investigating the incident.

These deaths have caused panic across the county with many leaving in fear not knowing what will happen next; the country, in general, has been experiencing strange death since the start of the year. Many have linked this death to ritual killings where people are sacrificing innocent souls for money. Many now believe that only prayers will save us from this turmoil, hoping that in the coming days this rate of killings and death will be a thing of the past.

Content created and supplied by: Jeropkibe (via Opera News )

Githae Kiambu Kiambu County Kutima Thika


Load app to read more comments