Sign in
Download Opera News App

 

 

The Type of Blanket That Led To Moses Kuria's hospitalisation

Image source: Facebook

Moses Kuria is the Gatundu South Member of Parliament, Kuria was hospitalised a week ago at the Karen Hospital in Nairobi after sustaining serious burns on his legs. According to a reliable source, Moses Kuria had covered himself with an electric blank which overheated and eventually caught fire leading to severe burn injuries on his legs. However, A few hours ago he confirmed to his followers that he is doing well after a successful surgery.

Image of folded Electric blank

Now let's define an electronic blanket. electric bedspread or throw is a blanket made from thick, durable fabric with an internally incorporated wiring system that gives warmth and heat through coil wires. These coverings normally plug into your electrical outlet and can be set on various levels of heat. The majority of electric linens are formulated from a mixture of polyester and acrylic material. This blend deters possible fire hazards while being interweaved enough to trap and maintain warmth.

Most common brands offer blankets with at least three heat levels – low, medium and high. The level of heat is controlled through an attached remote that can change the level of heat through the flick of a button.

Risk factors of using Electric blankets

When not properly used, electric blankets pose a risk of miscarriage and birth defects, as well as fires, burns, dehydration and heatstroke. People with nerve damage and poor circulation are at particular risk. However, you can reduce the risks associated with electrical blankets by using them properly, inspecting them frequently, and replacing them when they get worn or old

If you consider this article informative please share and click the follow button for articles.

Content created and supplied by: Newshubke. (via Opera News )

Electric Gatundu South Karen Hospital Kuria Moses Kuria

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments