Sign in
Download Opera News App

Education

 

College Education

 

Electricity Kills A University Student In Bungoma

Just three weeks after a primary school girl was electrocuted in Bungoma county, another young man has lost his life in a similar circumstance.

Man dies in a pool of water while washing his Motorbike, he was electrocuted by a live cable, source files.

The young man who is said to have come from Kibabii University lost his life today morning when he went to wash his Motorbike at a Pombo Tano stream on the outskirts of Bungoma town.

Residents said that an electric cable was cut yesterday by a passing lorry and left hanging in water.

They say they tried to reach out to Kenya Power and lightning company but their efforts proved futile.

The young man had come to wash his Motorbike before going back to his daily routine but unfortunately, he was electrocuted in the water and died on the spot.

His colleague Bodaboda operators told journalists that they never knew his name since he was a new member at Kibabii stage.

Some students at Kibabii University have been reported to be engaging in Bodaboda business to supplement their income.

It should be noted that the nature of electricity poles and cables in Bungoma is pathetic and lives are continuously being lost.

Content created and supplied by: BOYDFUNATECH (via Opera News )

Bodaboda Bungoma Kenya Power Kibabii Kibabii University

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments