Sign in
Download Opera News App

 

 

Police Reveal The Cause Of Ofafa Jericho School Fire In Nairobi, After 50 Students Were Hospitalised

Police reveal the cause of Ofafa Jericho school fire in Nairobi, after 50 students were hospitalised.

Police said the 50 students hospitalised following the Ofafa Jericho High School fire are safe.

The security officers from Kamukunji have established that the school principal identified as Julius Linge while urging the learners to go to evening preps, some refused and locked themselves inside the dormitory prompting the teacher on duty to flush them out.

It is said that one student went back to the dormitory set a blaze one dormitory which accommodates twenty learners.

Police said many items and learning properties worth thousands of shillings were destroyed even though the students fought tirelessly to put out the great inferno.

No injuries or fatalities were witnessed during the fire incident, according to police reports seen by the press.

Few learners who got chocked with the thick smoke or those who inhale the carbon monoxide while trying to rescue their properties, were rushed to Metropolitan for first aid.

The matter is currently under police investigations.

Content created and supplied by: allay (via Opera News )

Kamukunji Metropolitan Nairobi Ofafa Jericho

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments