Over 12 families in Huruma village Molo sub county, Nakuru county were left homeless after their houses were destroyed by a night fire yesterday.
According to residents, it is suspected that the inferno was caused by a candle that was left in one of the houses since there was a power black out at the time of the sad incident.
The residents are now pleading with the county government of Nakuru to come to the aid of those who have been left homeless because of the fire.
They are also pointing their fingers at the Molo fire brigade which did not arrive at the scene on time. They believe some properties could have been saved if the team of fire fighters arrived on time.
Parents were advised to ensure that they do not leave young children unattended during this holiday season so as to prevent more of such incidents from happening again.
Content created and supplied by: Shantynews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More