In the recent times, divorce cases in Kenya have been on the rise. It is paramount to discuss issues that lead to divorce. This will help people recognise the problem and solve it before it does a lot of harm to them. The following are top leading causes of divorce.
1. Financial issues. Finances play a vital role in the stability of a family. This is because every aspect of raising the family relies on the finances. If the family depends on only one breadwinner, resources are likely to be inadequate. This results to constant rage and quarrels which eventually leads to divorce.
2. Domestic violence. It is normal to experience conflicts in the course of marriage. If the conflicts lead to domestic violence, it is no longer normal. Some partners are naturally violent. This affects both men and women. Some people persevere in the hope that their partner will change. Others however will opt out of the marriage to save their lives because domestic violence can easily lead to death.
3. Alcohol and drug abuse. Constant use of alcohol and drugs interferes with a person's ability to make decisions. They are therefore prone to making mistakes in the management of their homes. Again, addiction makes one to exhaust family resources to satisfy their quench. This leaves the other partner in bitterness and will eventually opt out of the marriage.
4. Infidelity. Cheating on your partner has grave consequences. Apart from engaging in sexual behaviours with someone who is not your partner, cheating can also be emotional. When a partner is emotionally ignored for long, they are likely to feel lonely. Cheating leaves a partner with feelings of bitterness which will lead to divorce.
5. Infertility. Couples go into marriage with the hope of getting children. When this is not forthcoming, frustration is likely to set it and when not properly handled, will lead to divorce.
Content created and supplied by: NewsCreator (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More