Intimacy is an essential element in relationships as it encapsulates the closeness people seek in a relationship. Building a healthy and intimate relationship begins by understanding the elements of intimacy and then putting them into use. Here are some sure tips you would use to build and improve an intimate relationship.
1. Get into the right headspace- This is basically about having composure. Have a calm and open mindset. Notice any tension, anger or fear and eliminate them.
2. Check in with your younger self This is now about reflecting on your past. See your history of intimate relationships you have ever made. It may help you discover your intimacy issues that may be making it difficult for you to connect with others.
3. Look at each other- By saying this, I don't mean starting at them excessively. You can spend at least 5 minutes or even more and stare into the eyes of your partner or loved one in silence. You can learn much just through the eye.
4. Go for couple therapy- This too is important. Everyone may have blind spots. Yours may not be the same as your partner's. A therapist may make you aware of them.
5. Practise empathy- This is done by understanding your partner's world and then take action that shows them you see and hear them.
Content created and supplied by: thebadwhysk (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More