The signs of an unhealthy relationship can vary widely, so this list isn’t all-inclusive. But it may help point out some possible issues. Some of the signs are herein;
1. One of you tries to control or change the other- You are never in a relationship to control the other. If you are not comfortable with a certain behaviour you should feel comfortable enough to bring it up. Try sharing opinions and ideas. If your partner does something that bothers you and you cannot accept it, the relationship will have problems.
2.You don't spend much time together- Relationships often develop when people enjoy each other's company and want to spend even more time together. Your relationship may be struggling if you consistently see less of each other. Other warning signs include feeling distant from each other or relieved when you aren’t together. You might even try to find excuses to avoid spending time together.
3. The relationship feels unequal- A healthy relationship should be fairly balanced. Periods of inequality may happen from time to time but if your relationship regularly feels unbalanced, it can become problematic.
4. They say negative or hurtful things about you or others- You can always show concern when your partner does something that worries you. However, expressing these feelings should be done in a helpful and reproductive way. It is not healthy to constantly criticize each other or say intentionally hurtful things about each other.
5. You don't feel heard in a relationship- A relationship should be based on the mutual consent of each partner. Partners should always hear each other's opinion and appreciate or apply good opinions.
6. You are afraid of expressing disagreements Partners should always feel safe to have their own opinions even when this means they disagree. If your partner responds to your views with rudeness, it often suggests they don't respect you or your ideas and this will affect your relationship.
7. You don't feel happy or comfortable around your partner- If you feel uneasy or unhappy all the time, the relationship may not be meeting your needs.
8.Disagreements or discussions do not go anywhere- Healthy conflict resolution should always lead to solutions or compromise.
Content created and supplied by: thebadwhysk (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More