The sad news of gender-based violence has recently dominated the headlines. The names differ, but the situations are the same. Couples have killed each other, and some have killed their children. Gender-based violence is an indication of discord in a relationship or marriage. So, how can couples stay connected in their marriage/relationship? Here are 10 Tips For Living Together in Harmony.
1. Allow your Spouse to Walk on Water for a While. Couples should always be appreciative of one another. Learn to understand your partner if you want to keep the fire of newlyweds burning. Notify your spouse that they look great today. Offer to help them with their chores. This will only work if both of you put in the effort. Even if you don't notice it, cherishing the small things build harmony in a relationship. Everyone has flaws, but don't let them cause you to underestimate your partner. By complementing each other, you will reinforce the idea that your spouse is good for you and overlook their imperfections.
2. Personal Privacy. Every human being, by definition, needs their own space. Everyone needs their own space, even if we share a house, room, and bed. Your spouse requires space to do things like shop online, browse, and do whatever they want without invading their privacy. Some people would rather spend time alone, respect their privacy, and find something else to do.
3. Communication is Essential. Communication, as the saying goes, is the key to a happy marriage. Make sure that each of you understands your responsibility and is carrying it out. It's alright to cover for each other now and then, but make sure you communicate clearly what each of you is supposed to do. Another thing is that you should always mean what you say. Learn to communicate with your spouse about how you feel and your inner thoughts. When you can communicate effectively, you will become more intimate and thus live in harmony.
4. Arguments. Most cases of gender-based violence result in arguments that may have escalated. One partner may enjoy smoking while the other despises it; one may be frugal with money. In contrast, the other partner spends money extravagantly, or perhaps one partner is strict while the other spoils the children. These are some examples of common relationship tussles. Couples who live together must learn to accommodate one another. Remember that we all have flaws, so you must learn to tolerate your partner. You can't have it all, and you must love your spouse and be willing to forgive them when they mess up. You must look past your spouse's flaws and celebrate their strengths. During arguments, try to compromise your spouse as much as possible to ease the tension.
5. Develop a Financial Strategy. A financial plan is essential in a marriage/relationship. It is preferable to divide the bills and determine who will be in charge of what. If one person is in charge of utility bills, the other should be in charge of rent. The goal is to communicate about financial responsibilities to avoid money arguments. Also, talk about your future financial plans with your partner; you might want to save up for a car, but your spouse would rather buy a piece of land. Declare your financial priorities. Before making any significant financial decisions, Make sure you've discussed it with your partner.
6. Make Time for Each Other. Love is not always enough to sustain a relationship. The fact that couples live together does not necessarily imply that they spend time together. There is a fine line between seeing each other and spending time together. Please make time to spend with your partner and enjoy some quality time with them. Remember to spend time alone away from your partner regularly. Spending time alone allows you to reconnect with yourself and your identity.
7. Celebrate Small Victories. You will always face unique challenges as a couple. They could be financial, legal, or any other type of difficulty. Appreciate how you've dealt with difficult circumstances as a couple. Suppose your spouse gets to share the good news with you, such as a new job or opportunity. Congratulate them and express your joy for them; you can even throw a small party to celebrate. You'll be expressing gratitude for the happy times in your marriage by doing so.
8. Learn to Appreciate Your Partner. When you live with your partner, you may not show your appreciation to them as much as you used to. Thank your partner verbally. For example, if they prepare dinner for your family, say "thank you, baby" or any other sweet terms they prefer. You can show your appreciation by physically touching your spouse and reminding them how you feel about them. We all want to be appreciated and to be reminded of our worth regularly. Continue to reinforce the idea that you love your partner and watch your marriage glow with joy.
9. Expect Change and Accept Growth. Life is a journey, and we learn new things every day. Understand that you will not be the same person in five or ten years. As we grow, our priorities will shift. What we desired ten years ago cannot be the same as what we desire now. Also, keep in mind that the beautiful or handsome face fades as we age. As a result, couples should learn to adapt to change as time passes. Couples should also support and encourage one another as they work toward their goals. It would be desirable if you matured together until "death do you part."
10. Treat his Family as if They Were Your Own. Because your partner's family is also your family, you should treat them as such. Respect your in-laws and always greet them warmly when they come to visit you. When your spouse learns that their family likes you, they will love and appreciate you even more. When your spouse is ill or in a difficult situation, cancel all plans and support them until they recover. Nobody chooses to be in difficult circumstances, but your spouse will assist you even if the roles are reversed. Even when your partner is not present, always show your support. Be prepared to defend your partner if someone demonizes them. It will help to reinforce the idea that you are all in this together.
Each marriage/relationship is unique. Your marriage will never be the same as your best friend's or parent's. Each relationship has its own set of rules. You can have a successful marriage if you follow the 10 Tips for Living Together in Harmony listed above. Make sure to follow me and share this information with other couples to help them.
Content created and supplied by: Goodchild (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More