1.Memory doesn't fade. Everyone has trouble remembering something, such as forgetting what someone's name is, how to say "city hall" in French, and where the car is parked. It seems that memories fade, just as fruit spoils. But studies have shown that this is not the case. In fact, our memory capacity is infinite. Anything stored in the brain, if not reviewed, will become more difficult to extract. What fades away is not memory, but the process of brain extracting memory.
2.People like short line reading, but long line reading increases reading speed. Although people like to read articles that divide the text into relatively narrow columns, when the width of the text is measured by the number of pages, people's reading speed will be greatly accelerated. What's more interesting is that people think that the wide and narrow column layout will increase the reading speed, but this only increases the visual pleasure.
3.Memory reorganization. Human beings regard their experience as a mini film, which is often reflected in their minds. They always think that human memory processing is like storing video on a computer's hard disk, in complete, independent files. This is not the case. Every time you recall something in third grade, your brain reorganizes it. What explains why there are as like as two peas in two memories? In fact, human memory changes over time and is influenced by other memories.
4.It's easier to spend money when you're hungry. Researchers have found that when you're hungry, you secrete a "hunger hormone," which increases our attention to food and exerts an influence on the brain that makes us salivate over food on the shelf. "This hormone has an effect on the whole brain, people think that food is more attractive, and they become more generous when buying other goods," said neurologist dagger, who was involved in the study.
5.People like to make choices that are beyond their ability to solve problems. Recently, researchers conducted an experiment outside the supermarket. They first put six kinds of jam on the tasting table, and then they changed to 24 kinds. Later, researchers found that although 24 flavors attracted more customers, the number of people who bought six flavors was almost six times that of 24. This is because people tend to pursue quantity, but the human brain can only process a certain number of tasks at a time.
6. The brain doesn't ache. There is no pain organ in the brain. We have headaches because the pain receptors in the blood vessels work, such as when the blood vessels are compressed or ruptured. So because of the bad mood, we have a headache, but we use too much blood.
7. Behavior can be contagious. The more susceptible people are, the more empathic they are. Human behavior can be contagious, such as yawning. It's because people have a kind of neuron, which is used to imitate other people's behavior. The more susceptible to infection, the stronger empathy, and this is a high-level social emotion.
8. All the emotions that lead to your unhappiness are caused by the "error absolutization" cognition. For example, "listen to mom, you are a good boy." "What should you do," "I can only do this," and so on. When this cognition becomes automatic, we get angry and don't know what's going on.
9. It's not that the more you know, the more understanding you get. Psychology has a concept called the curse of knowledge. When a person knows something, he can't imagine that he or others don't know about it. For example, when you know that the earth is round, you can't understand what those people who think the earth is flat think. This is one of the important reasons why science cannot be fully popularized.
10. Maternal effect is actually a cognitive bias. Maternal effect, also known as the observer expectation effect, many pregnant women say that after pregnancy, they suddenly find that there are more pregnant women on the street than before. Many pregnant women have similar feelings. In fact, this is because of your focus and attention, which causes cognitive bias that some phenomenon or things appear more frequently. But in fact, the frequency of these phenomena or things has always been the same, but you did not pay attention to it before.
I’m sure there are many other things about psychology(drop them in the comments below for others to read!), but these are definitely some important things about psychology that many people don't know.
Content created and supplied by: Jobwanjala (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More