The human body is an incredibly complicated system. Did you know that there are more than 300 million cat lairs in your lungs? If you stretch them from end to end they will reach the distance that is equal to the width of the USA, doesn't this sounds amazing?
1. The only part of your body that has no blood supply is the Cornea of your eye. It receives oxygen directly from the air.
2. Your brain has a memory capacity that is the equivalent of more than 4 terabytes on a hard drive. It seems computers would never match the human mind.
3. A newborn child can breathe and swallow at the same time for up to 7 months.
4. Your skull is made up of 29 different bones.
5. Nerve impulse sent from your brains move up to the speed of 274 km/h this is the speed of a high-speed train.
6. A single human brain generates more electrical impulses in a day than all the telephones of the world combined. I can imagine how many impulses that generate in a year.
7. The average human body contains enough sulphur to kill all the fleas in the average dog and enough carbon to make 900 pencils, enough potassium to fire a toy cannon. Enough fat to make 7 bars of soap. Enough water to fill a 50-litre barrel.
8. The human heart pumps the blood of 182 million litres of blood during the average lifetime.
9. 50,000 cells of body cells died and replaced by new ones while you were reading the symptoms.
10. The human embryo acquires fingerprints within 3 months of conception.
11. Women's heart beats faster than men.
12. A man named Charles Osborne continuously hicked up for 68 years. Scientists who studied his case have estimated that he hiccuped 20,000 times a day or some 599, 680,000 times over the lifetime.
13. Right-handed people live on average 9 years longer than left-handed people.
14. About two-thirds of people tilt their head to the right while kissing, what about you?
15. The average person forgets 90% of their dreams. It's too bad because we spend about one-third of our lives sleeping.
16The A total length of all the blood vessels in your body is about 100,000 KM.
Content created and supplied by: ANjangiru (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More