When emotions are involved, people tend to get hurt and bitterness and resentment can arise. In any relationship romantic or otherwise, there must be clear boundaries established. When these boundaries are violated and expectations aren’t met, relationships can become the cause of headache and stress.
Things aren’t always as they may seem. People may appear great on the surface but deep down their intentions may be deceitful.Only God knows the hearts of each person, He knows the thoughts of everyone, so if He is giving you signs that you should end a relationship it’s definitely for your own good. Here are 7 signs God is telling you to end that relationship:
1. The relationship is against God’s word. The first clear sign that you should end a relationship is if that relationship is against the principles laid out in the Bible.
Many of us enter into relationships because we feel so connected or in love with that person, but if the relationship directly violates God’s word, that’s a clear sign that that relationship is not one God approves.Feelings and emotions are fleeting they come and go but God’s word stays the same; He does not change.
2. The person encourages you to disobey God.Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Ephesians 5:6A clear sign that God is telling you to end a relationship is if that person encourages you to disobey God.
We sometimes believe that if we stay with a person long enough, we can change them.My dear, the only one who can change a person is God.Pay attention to a person’s actions rather than their words. If they continuously encourage you to disobey God now, chances are they’ll continue to encourage you to disobey God three years from now.
3. You have no control when you’re with them.No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon. Luke 16:13
God wants us to be wise, logical and sensibly. The enemy wants us to just do what we feel and give in to our base senses.When we have no control over our thoughts and feelings we make bad life choices that can lead to big problems later on.
So if you find yourself not being able to say no to that person or they have all the say about what you do, that’s probably a sign that they’re trying to manipulate you. So take the hint and get out.
4. You are being treated poorly.If you feel like you’re being neglected or mistreated it’s a sign that that relationship should end. No one or no amount of money is worth living in constant fear of being abused.
It doesn’t matter how long the relationship has lasted up till this point or how many children you have together if your partner is constantly treating you poorly, God is telling you it’s time to end that relationship.
5. The person is more important to you than God. We humans can make idols out of anything and anyone. It’s time to end a relationship when that person has become more important to you than God.
When we seek to please someone over our relationship with God, we have the made that person a god in our lives.We have placed our trust and hope in a human who cannot provide for our needs, rather that our Heavenly Father.
You know you’ve made someone an idol when you find yourself compromising your Christian values to please that person.Maybe it’s time to step back and re-evaluate your priorities; which is more important your relationship with God or your romantic relationship?
6. The relationship has become toxic and overbearing.Can two walk together, except they be agreed? Amos 3:3If the relationship has become a catalyst for constant stress in your life, God is telling you to end the relationship.
It is impossible for two people to be in a healthy happy relationship if there is consistent disagreement between them.If peace cannot be found and there is constant regret and fighting then it’s time to prayerfully ask God for guidance and direction.
7. Unequally yoked. Being unequally yoked goes far beyond just having the different religions but it also means having different value systems and ideas about life in general. A lot of couples find themselves is grievous disagreements because they never took the take to discuss and agree upon important matters such as: financial planning, raising or having children, and career paths.
If your idea of a happy home doesn’t match with the person you’re seeing, then there’s a great chance that you are unequally yoked and God is telling you to end that relationship.
Content created and supplied by: Consy (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More