Many of us have had a lot of dreams which we rarely pay attention to. Some of them could be good while some negative yet we simply ignore and continue sleeping without taking necessary action. In fact, some of the unfortunate happenings in our life may have appeared first in our dreams but because of ignorance, they came to pass without our knowledge.
It is important to pay attention to the dreams you have especially those that you can remember clearly. This is because some dreams are good and speak positive things about our lives whereas others are evil and could cause the same evil we dream about to befall us.
Significance of Dreams
The realm of the spirit uses our dreams either for our benefit or to our detriment. To be specific, God uses dreams to give us direction, to warn us, give instruction and ideas as well as tell us about future events. In the end, the essence of God bringing us these dreams is so that we can benefit.
On the contrary, the devil will usually manipulate our dreams to cause evil to befall us. You can know a dream is evil if it affects your emotions. For example, the dream induces fear in you, it causes confusion or even takes away your peace.
Examples of manipulation in dreams
As mentioned above, the devil will always take advantage of dreams to cause us harm rather than good. For example,
- Some people have been chocked in dreams by people they either know of don't know. This plants fear in them and also causes them to become suspicious or develop a hatred for the person of they can identify them.
- Others can see themselves or other people being carried in a coffin and led to a graveyard. This is the spirit of death seeking manifestation and if not dealt with, the dream can become a reality.
- There are people who have been chased by snakes in dreams or have seen themselves being bitten by snakes. Such a dream could symbolize the operation of demonic spirits in the life of a person.
- Others have woken up from a dream in which somebody was trying to harm them or performing witchcraft on them. Eventually, they wake up feeling unwell or become sick as a result.
- Some couples have seen their spouses being taken away by somebody else in a dream and later on, they either divorce or something unfortunate happens and the marriage ends.
How to deal with evil dreams and manipulation through dreams
If you have experienced the few mentioned examples above or any other negative dream, the following tips can be helpful:
1. Pray against evil dreams
Never be silent when you experience these dreams. If you wake up from a bad dream, start praying against the manifestation of that dream. Pray for God to destroy every evil plan of the enemy (Isaiah 54:17). Pray for God's protection against satanic forces and agents. Cancel every effect of that dream upon your life or any other person who may be a victim. This may involve you praying for your children, relatives and friends.
2. Pray before you sleep
Praying before you sleep commissions God to go ahead of you hence protecting you from every harm while you sleep. This also gives room for God to communicate with you through dreams.
3. Make positive confessions
If the dream was negative, speak positive things about your life based on God's word. Speak life, healing, success and breakthrough even if the dream depicted you as a failure. This helps to reverse the effects of the evil dream.
4. Call on the name of Jesus
There are times when you may encounter very bad dreams such that you feel like your words cannot come out as much as you try. At these times, the name of Jesus is worth mentioning. The name of Jesus carries power to deliver and set free. Jesus Christ comes to rescue those who call on His name. If you can shout "Jesus!" even in your dream, you will be saved from the evil manipulation.
5. Speak the blood of Jesus Christ over your life
The blood of Jesus is able to erase every evil handwriting and bring about positive results. Through the blood of Jesus, every evil spell cast on you slips off and Satan's hold over your life ceases.
If you experience a dream that you don't understand, make an effort to ask God to give you the meaning. Alternatively, seek the interpretation from a spiritually mature person and ask them to also pray with you if it is a negative dream.
Have you encountered such evil dreams in your lifetime? How did you go about it? I hope this article will be of help to you. Please share with others to enlighten them.
Content created and supplied by: Glad_Tidings (via Opera News )