HOW THE APOSTLES and SOME DISCIPLES OF CHRIST DIED:
Apostles and Some of disciples of Jesus Christ, died in painful manner, most of them were killed. Their death shows Christians that people of God goes through a lot of sufferings just for the sake of Jesus Christ and faith.
1. Matthew - Killed in Ethiopia by a sword wound.
2. Mark - died in Alexandria, Egypt, he was dragged by horses through the streets until he was dead.
4. John - The only apostle to die peacefully. He was tortured in Rome when there was a wave of persecution in Rome. He was boiled in a huge basin of boiling oil and miraculously survived. He was then sentenced to the mines on the prison island of Patmos where he wrote Book of Revelation (Prophetic Book). He became Bishop of Edessa after being freed where he died as an old man.
5. Peter - He was crucified upside down on a cross. He asked his tormentors to not die in the same way as Jesus Christ had died.
6. James - He was thrown from a 100 feet from the temple and miraculously survived. He was beaten to death by his enemies after they discovered he survived. He refused to deny his faith in Christ.
7. James the Son of Zebedee - He was behaeaded at Jerusalem after he defended his faith at the trial. He was fisherman before he was called by Jesus to serve in his ministry.
8. Bartholomew - He was whipped to death in Armenia because of his preaching. He was a missionary to Asia.
9. Andrew - He was crucified on an X-shaped cross in Greece where his body was tied to prolong his agony. He was whipped severely by seven soldiers before being hanged. It's said he preached for his tormentors for days until he died.
10. Thomas - He was stabbed with a spear in India when he was in his missionary trips to establish the church in the Sub-continent.
11. Jude - He was killed with arrows when he refused to deny his faith in Christ.
12. Matthias - He was stoned and then behaeaded. He had chosen to replace the traitor Judas Iscariot.
13. Paul - He was in jail for a long time and that's where he wrote the epistles to the church. He was tortured and then BEHEADED by the evil Emperor Nero at Rome.
Salvation of our souls is through personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
Content created and supplied by: SisiWote (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More