Most people experience the worst times of their lives when they lose someone they love. Many individuals turn to Bible passages when they mourn the death of someone they love. These Bible verses are comforting for anyone. Do you need some calming words right now? Here are some verses that will help put your troubles and tribulations into perspective;
1. Psalm 9:9_ The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.The book of Psalms is one of the first places you should turn if you are experiencing grief. Psalms are often used in funeral scriptures for that particular reason.
2. Psalm 18:2_ The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. How comforting it is to know that God acts as a fortress for all believers.
3. Psalm 23_ The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. Many people are familiar with these words. The verse is often used in movies, especially when someone is visiting another person on his or her deathbed.
Have you ever stopped to think about what Psalm 23 means? A shepherd’s sole purpose in life is to care for the defenseless. But this shepherd doesn’t just give you water to drink. The Lord provides the material things in life and also restores your soul.
4. Psalm 27: 4-5 _One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.
It reminds you that your loved one is gazing upon the beauty of the Lord in Heaven. It also reminds us that even though we may be experiencing trouble while on Earth, God sets you high upon a rock to protect you.
5. John 11:35_ This is the shortest verse of the Bible. It says, “Jesus wept.” This means that nobody is promised against sorrow or pain.
6. Psalm 34:18_ The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. If you are still and quiet, you may feel the Lord’s presence near you, but you may need to stop and listen for it.
7. Psalm 147:3_ He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. God heals our broken hearts, even when we lose someone we love. Unfortunately, there is no timetable for grief but you can cling to the promise that God heals broken hearts.
8. Isaiah 25:8_ This verse begins with the phrase, He will swallow up death forever. The sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces. Christians have taken comfort in knowing that death is not the end. This verse is a promise that God made that was fulfilled in the New life.
9. Isaiah 40_ One verse in this chapter of Isaiah reads, They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. The they in this passage refers to those with hope in the Lord.
10. John 14:1 _Jesus says, Do not let your hearts be troubled. Later in this passage, Jesus continues by saying, My father’s house has many rooms. Those who are grieving may be comforted knowing that their loved one lives in these rooms with Jesus and that there’s a room prepared from them.
Content created and supplied by: Lukayu (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More