The Bible is full of useful information for all aspects of what it takes to live life here on earth. The key to finding the information you need is to
.Actually pick up the Bible.
.Seek out the verses you need to live a better life.
.Then make an honest attempt to use the advice to help you along.
When you do this you discover there is always a surprise waiting inside each verse. There is always something new which pops out at you. The Bible is new to you everyday.
Here are 12 steps to live a better life picked from all throughout the Bible. Theses verses all point to helping you make better decisions in life.
12 Biblical Steps to a Better Life
1. If something doesn’t feel right to you don’t do it. The Bible says in Proverbs 11:28, ““Those who seek good find the goodwill of others, but those who look for evil are sure to find it.” Life is all about using good judgement when making decisions to do or not do something.
2. When you interact with another person say exactly what you mean and mean exactly what you say. James in Chapter 5, Verse 12 says it this way. “But above all, my brothers, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or by any other oath, but let your “yes” be yes and your “no” be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation.” Be a person who is true to their word.
3. Don’t try to please everyone it will never work out for the best. Galatians 1:10, “For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.” There is no way to get everyone to like you so don’t spend a lot of time and energy trying. All you can you can really do is be a kind loving person to everyone you come in contact woth and let God take care of the rest.
4. Trust in God. Proverbs 29:25, “The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is safe.” When you put trust in people chances are sooner or later they will let you down. Put your trust in God where your trust is sure.
5. Never put yourself down. The Bible says in Psalm 139:14 “I will give thanks to you because I have been so amazingly and miraculously made. Your works are miraculous, and my soul is fully aware of this.” If God says you are amazingly made then you with all your quirks and foibles are someone special.
6. Love. Who? Not just yourself but as John 13:34, “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.” The short version is to try to love everyone!
7. Don’t be fearful of saying no. When you really don't want to do something don't be afraid to say no. The Bible says in 2 Timothy 1:7, For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” You are to be a representative of God at all times so you are going to have to say no at times.
8. Sometimes you need to say yes. In the same token when you are called on to do something which is beneficial to both you and the furthering of God's work you need to say yes when the time comes.
9. Be kind to yourself and others. Proverbs 11 24-25, states, “One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want. Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered.” What does this all mean? To be a blessing to others you must show yourself and others a higher level of kindness than the world knows.
10. Don’t give up your dreams. While many people believe when you give your life over to the service of the Lord you must give up on your dreams. This is not the case you can have dreams and pursue them while at the same time serving the Lord. 2 Chronicles 15:7 says, “But as for you, be strong and not give up, for your work will be rewarded.” Any work for the Lord will be rewarded, even the work of your dreams.
11. You can’t control everything so don’t try. In life you always try to control what comes in your life which causes a lot of anxiety but the truth is you can’t control much in your life so why worry over what can’t control. The Bible tells us in verses like Psalm 94:19, “When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy. Rely on God to help lead you through life and life will become more worry free.
12. Don’t hang around with negative people. The Bible tells us in many places to avid hanging around with negative people such as in, “1 Corinthians 15:33 ESV Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals and in,” Proverbs 22:24 ESV Make no friendship with a man given to anger, nor go with a wrathful man,
One Final Thought:
Offered here for you are only 12 of the many steps or ways to live a better life which the Bible offers. The key to finding out how to live a better life is to first seek out the Lord and then read the Bible with the intention of seeking out the many truths which are contained in the Bible’s pages.
Content created and supplied by: JobW (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More