" But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord Who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. " 2Peter 2: 1(NKJV).
Several churches today have been infiltrated with damnable heresies due to either of three key reasons:
1. A lack of knowledge of God' s Word (see Matt. 22: 29). This is a major reason some believers get into error. This is why the Lord said, " My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. . . . " (Hos. 4: 6a).
2. A lack of understanding and inability to correctly interpret the bible. In other words, misunderstanding God' s Word inevitably leads to misinterpreting His Word (2Tim. 2: 15).
3. A deliberate attempt to undermine the integrity of the Scriptures. This usually leads to the perversion of Jesus' Words by changing the narrative in a bid to validate iniquity (see Rev. 2: 14).
One major reason several believers have fallen into the trap of destructive heresies is their desire for new revelations. It is worthy of note that a revelation is only as sound as the doctrine upon which it is based, hence the admonition of Apostle Paul; " That we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting" (Eph. 4: 14).
An omelette is only as good as the eggs with which it is made. No wonder nobody can find the phrase " sound revelation" anywhere in the Bible while the phrase " sound doctrine" appears four times (see 1Tim. 1: 10; 2Tim. 4: 3; Tit. 1: 9; Tit. 2: 1).
The primary way to deal with damnable heresies is to know and understand the three foundations of the christian faith:
1. Christ Jesus The Rock Foundation: This refers to the primary bedrock upon which we anchor our lives as believers; The person of Jesus Christ Himself (see 1Cor. 3: 11).
2. The Word Foundation: This refers to the sayings and commands of Jesus which we are under obligation to fully obey; " Therefore whoever hears these Sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: And the rain descended, the floods came and the winds blew and beat on that house, and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock" (Matt. 7: 24- 25). A wise man once said that the rock is the " revelation of Christ the king" as revealed in His Word.
3. The Apostolic Foundation: This refers to the writings of the Apostles and early disciples of Jesus also known as the Apostles' doctrine (see Acts 2: 42).
Staying true to the doctrine of Christ grants us immunity from false teachings and alternative gospels (see 2Jn. 9- 11) all of which are in reality doctrines of demons designed to seduce believers from the Truth of God' s Word (see 1Tim. 4: 1).
Heavenly Father, we appreciate you for the gift of your son Jesus, the embodiment of grace and truth. O Lord, please keep us firmly rooted in your doctrine that we might not fall prey to damnable heresies in the Mighty Name of Jesus. Amen.
Content created and supplied by: Blogger254 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More