Generosity is the act of sharing your belongings with those who are less fortunate in the society, there is nothing that pleases the Lord more as being generous towards one another, this therefore means that the world can be a better place to live on, that is if only people can cherish the act of generosity with one heart.
Below are some biblical verses that teaches about the importance of generosity.
1.1 John 3:17 If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?
2. Galatians 6:2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
3.Hebrews 13:16 And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.
4. St. Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, presses down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
5. St. Luke 12:33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.
6. Proverbs 19:17 Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward them for what they have done.
7. Proverbs 21:13 Whoever shuts their ears to the cry of the poor will also cry out and not be answered.
8. Proverbs 22:9 The generous will themselves be blessed, for they share their food with the poor.
9. Proverbs 28:27 Those who give to the poor will lack nothing, but those who close their eyes to them receive many curses.
10. Psalms 37:26 Those who are always generous and lend freely; their children will be a blessing.
11. Psalms 112:5 Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice.
12. Psalms 112:9 They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor, their righteousness endures forever; their horn will be lifted high in honor.
13. 2 Corinthians 9:11 You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.
14. The Acts 20:35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ’It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ "
15. Proverbs 11:25 A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.
16 Deuteronomy 15:7-8 If anyone is poor among your fellow Israelites in any of the towns of the land the LORD your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward them. Rather, be openhanded and freely lend them whatever they need.
17. 1 Timothy 6:17 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.
18. 2 Corinthians 9:5 So I thought it necessary to urge the brothers to visit you in advance and finish the arrangements for the generous gift you had promised. Then it will be ready as a generous gift, not as one grudgingly given.
19. 2 Corinthians 9:6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.
20. 2 Corinthians 9:7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
Content created and supplied by: ERICK77 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More