People with a strong spirit have many great things going for them. They handle life’s ups and downs much easier. They also approach living with passion and an inner fire, and live a very vibrant life. Strong spirits manifest themselves both mentally and emotionally. Here are 10 clear signs that you’ve got a strong spirit.
1) You’re true to yourself
If you have a strong spirit, you live a life that is aligned with your values.You’ll do this by first taking the time to identify what’s truly important to you. You consider what you stand for and what you are willing to protect and fight for at all costs. You’ll keep these values in mind when making all decisions, and make choices aligned with your values.In this way, you’ll live a life of peace and harmony.
2) You’re willing to change. A clear sign of having a strong spirit is always being open to change.You know that you’re not perfect and that no human being is a finished product. We have the capacity for great change, and indeed life will offer us many opportunities to do so.
If we want to make the most of life, we must take as many of these opportunities as possible. This is the only way that we can grow as people and become the best versions of ourselves.
3) You balance self-acceptance with self-improvement.
Strong spirits practice both self-acceptance and self-improvement. On one hand, self-acceptance is necessary for our peace and happiness. Everyone makes mistakes, and we have to allow ourselves to make them too.
On the other hand, we cannot embrace everything we do wrong without trying to do anything to improve on it. Otherwise, we would be letting ourselves continue to hurt everyone around us.
Strong spirits know that self-acceptance and self-improvement must work hand in hand. Together, these two things will give us peace, yet keep us moving forward to something better.
4) You’re happy for others.
A good sign of having a strong spirit is being genuinely happy for other people’s successes.The fact that someone else has reached a goal doesn’t mean that you are any less capable or successful. On the contrary, someone else’s win can inspire you or even help you to achieve your own objectives!
As a strong spirit, you’ll recognize this. You’ll see everyone’s achievements as something to celebrate rather than fear. You show your support for these people as a way to spread joy and positivity in your community.
5) You bounce back from failure. If you have a strong spirit, you’ll be able to bounce back from failure.You won’t let obstacles stop you from going after your dreams, and you will never give up. You also won’t let failure affect your self-worth or try to mask it from other people.
You’ll be able to see failure as an opportunity for growth and learning. It gives you more experience and prepares you for the next step in your journey.
6) You’re grateful for what you have. A sure sign of having a strong spirit is practicing gratefulness.
Instead of whining and complaining about what you don’t have, you focus on abundance. You’ll realize that nothing lasts forever. You’ll take the time to appreciate moments while they last, and you’ll know that in some ways you’re much luckier than others.
7) You focus on what you can control. You know you have a strong spirit if you focus on what you can control. There are many things you won’t agree with or be happy with. Most of these will be completely out of your control. What point is there in wasting energy on them if your efforts won’t produce results?
Luckily, there are many things you can control, too. Strong spirits will always look for these things and prioritize them. In essence, this means you always start from yourself, and how you can be better.
8) You balance emotions with logic. Another sign of having a strong spirit is the ability to balance emotions with logic.Emotions are an important part of our being. They exist to be felt, and they can teach us many valuable things. However, it is dangerous to be swept up in them without examining where they come from.
Some emotions might be good, and point out the best direction for us. Other emotions might stem from negative experiences or trauma. These are counterproductive to the goals we want to reach.
Strong spirits recognize this difference. They work to examine where their emotions are coming from. This way they can decide if it makes sense to follow their emotions, or if it’s time to apply logic instead.
9) You challenge the status quo.If you have a strong spirit, you won’t be afraid to challenge the status quo. A strong spirit gives you the power to question everything. You won’t just accept things at face value or conform to a norm that doesn’t suit you. You’ll actually consider if the way things are done now makes sense, or if there is any room for progress.
This lets you think outside of the box and come up with new ideas. Your attitude fosters progress for all of society and puts you at the forefront of positive change.
10) You’re decisive. A good way to know if you have a strong spirit is if you’re decisive.You aren’t wishy washy or agonize over your decisions. You take the time to consider what’s important at this moment. You’ll weigh all the factors and listen to your heart and emotions as well.
When you make the decision, you do it with confidence. You stick with it and follow through on it. And if you realize you made a mistake, you don’t dwell on it. You simply take it into consideration for the next time around.
Content created and supplied by: Consy (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More