Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Society


Crime Justice



Is This The Key Suspect Who Killed Robert Ouko?

Photo of Hezekiah Oyugi and Robert Ouko

Celebrated politician and Kisumu Town Member of Parliament Robert Ouko had been found dead at Got Alila, only a few kilometers from his rural home in Koru, Muhoroni.

The then Minister of Foreign Affairs in former President Moi's government had vanished from his home the previous night, with one of his employee alleging that he had been driven away in a white vehicle, before being found by villagers the following day.

However, juristic evidence done by Scotland Yard detectives later showed that Ouko had been killed by a hit to the head. His right leg had been smashed in two points and his body party burned.

The evidence again indicated that the shot unlikely had been ejected at the same area, and after all the bullet had not been seen, match boxes, a torch, and a fuel Jerry can were found close to the scenery.

As per Superintendent John Troon, in a Standard publication dated 2016, the proof pointed at the same government where Ouko served, with the then Interior Permanent Secretary Hezekiah Oyugi leading the record of accused.

''Hezekiah Oyugi had been the planner of the minister’s death. He had been the gunman, but the Permanent Secretary had not been working alone,'' he stated.

Answering to a query on whether the then President Moi had been clueless of the incidents, Troon stated on a Standard publication that: ''He is the president and his Foreign Affairs Minister is killed, what do you think?''

However, in the interview, Troon remembered holding enough evidence that Oyugi had been in Kisumu that particular day the minister passed on, claims he (Oyugi) at first declined, but were affirmed by Francis Cheruiyot, who served as a telephonist at Rongo office.

Francis stated that he had seen Oyugi and three other men proceed near the office with a white vehicles on two incidents on that day at around 6:00am.

Additionally, the arrested persons were Jonah Anguka and Oyugi who had being set free after two weeks.

The remains had been found by the police officers as the locals did not record their findings.

Content created and supplied by: KingRyan (via Opera News )

Hezekiah Oyugi Kisumu Town Koru Ouko Robert Ouko


Load app to read more comments