As the next general elections nears, presidential hopefuls are coming out campaigning to secure the top most seat in Kenya.
The elections are held after every five and the president elected enjoys some rights and privileges, these makes powerful people come out to occupy this seat.
Upto now political leaders have declared their interest in succeeding president Uhuru Kenyatta whose terms of office ends in 2022.
With just less than one year, the following key leaders have declared their interest and because Kenya is a democratic country every citizen above eighteen years of age is allowed to vote and elect a leader of there choice.
Among those who have declared interest includes:
1. Moses Wesika Wetangula. He is the leader of Ford_Kenya party. He party has survived in politics science the introduction of multy_party democracy in 1992. Wetangula has served I. different ministry including ministry of foreign affairs. He is currently the Bungoma senator. Wetangula is also one of the OKA principals.
2. Wicklif Moses Musalia Mudavadi. Mudavadi is the Amani National Congress (ANC) leader. He has served different government positions including ministry of local government, vice president, deputy prime minister etc. He ran for presidency in 2013 but came a distance 3rd.
3. Stephen Kalonzo Musyoka. Musyoka has served as the country's vice president, different ministries including home afairs, Mwingi north member of parliament. He is the current leader of Wiper Democratic Movement.
4.Gedion Moi. Moi is the son of the country's second president the late Mzee Daniel Toroitich Arap Moi. Gedion is the leader of the father's KANU party and is the Baringo senator. He is also the OKA principal.
5. Raila Amollo Odinga. Rails is the son of the country's first vice president. He joined active politics in 90's and in 1994 elected Langatta member of parliament. Raila has served under different ministries including roads and public works. Rail is a four times presidential candidate. He also served as the country's prime minister in the coalition government. Currently he is the leader of ODM party and presumably the president's candidate.
6. William Chipchirchir Samoei Arap Ruto. William Ruto joined active politics in he 90's. He has served as the KANU secretary general. Ruto has served in different ministries including Agriculture, higher education etc. William Ruto is the country's deputy president. He so also the UDA associate leader. William Ruto is also known as the "Doyen" or the "hustler"
who among these leaders is qualify to leader or succeed president Uhuru Mwigai Kenyatta?
I will warmly vote in Dr. William Ruto to succeed his boss as the next president.
Content created and supplied by: HeesborneOkal (via Opera News )